Nathan and I completed another Podcast Review of Jamie Mathieson's Mummy on the Orient Express, which aired last Saturday. You can find it in the video player below. (Just in case the YouTube embed doesn't work, you can find the video on our new YouTube channel, here.)
- We liked the episode. It was fun, did some of detective story tropes well, and had a very satisfying coda.
- It had flaws. Limp sets, a slight callousness to the deaths involved, and a rushed denouement of the mystery were our chief problems.
- Big theory: We reckon Clara is going to die. She's an addict and addicts die. She's certainly poisoned her relationship with Danny.
- She may not stay dead - we can see some standard Doctor hijinx as he "rises" into a more heroic role. The fact he's a little cold and manipulative does not mean he's abandoned his core love - humanity.
- We expect the last two "codas" - Clara hating the Doctor and Clara coming back to the Doctor - will start a mini-arc over the remainder of the series which increasingly emphasizes the ramifications of Clara's decision.
What did you think? Your dissenting opinions are of course wrong (...) but still welcomed. We'd like to hear your judgment on Mummy on the Orient Express! Comment below, or on Facebook, or at Twitter, or in the content submission form.
Till next week, and "Flatline" - an episode shrouded in mystery...