- It wasn’t very good.
See you next week! .. Oh, you want more? Yeah, so did we. Oh alright, fine. Read on.
- Why did that girl live in a bush? Was she a mute? Why did she stare at her family like that?
- Why did that mum ride a bike to Trafalgar Square (not to her daughter’s school), when she could have just rung her daughter’s (still working) phone?
- Was it just who found the crux alien a bit ridiculous? Ancient dust mote creatures who have always lived on earth and have saved it a couple of times? They somehow didn’t know of the Doctor, despite knowing everything – given he’s saved the Earth more times than them you’d have thought they’d have noticed!
- The CGI was pretty ropey at key points. The tiger especially comes to mind. And we don’t recommend you try scaring one off with a torch. Ridiculous.
- Also, what about that reason at the end for why the whole event won’t make any long-term difference? Apparently humans will just absent-mindedly forget.
There’s a lot more stuff we could whinge about, but basically we reckon that because the script was by a “celebrity” (Frank Cottrell Boyce, who wrote the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony), it got away with being rubbish. We do want to praise Capaldi and some of the child actors though, for giving a bad script an honest and brave effort.
And we’re excited for the finale. We are surer than ever that Clara will die (but probably come back). There may also be a mental plot twist, but we suspect it’ll be a little more predictable than some of the fan theories. Get in touch with what you think! :)